The 24-hour online giving event known as “GiveNOLA Day” and sponsored by the Greater New Orleans Foundation is set for Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
This year, 53 nonprofit organizations from Lafourche and Terrebonne Parishes are participating, and donors everywhere have an opportunity to give online to these organizations on May 2. Donations start at only $10!
The Bayou Community Foundation is able to accept online gifts this year, and we are also promoting all 53 participating local nonprofits through the “Give Bayou” campaign. In addition, a portion of all money that BCF raises on May 2 will be shared by the 53 participating Give Bayou nonprofits. You Give, We Give, Our Community Wins!
Spring 2017 Governance Workshops in the Bayou Region
Participants will learn:
- How to identify your recruitment priorities, including preparation for board member transitions
- How to use a recruitment matrix tool to organize names of candidates
- How to create your recruitment process
- Using a toolkit of templates, we’ll review the elements of a recruitment packet
- Strategies for identifying potential board candidates and how to lead them through a recruitment process
- Assess their understanding of financial leadership and identify areas of improvement
- Use core nonprofit financial statements to evaluate their organization’s financial health
- Learn how to participate in financially grounded and informed governance decision-making
Bayou Community Foundation, with the support of the Greater New Orleans Foundation, provides free workshops and coordinates other activities for local nonprofit organizations to help our community grow and prosper.
As events and activities are scheduled, they will be listed on this page.
Our Generous Donors make all of these programs possible!
Nonprofits: Sign up for the BCF e-newsletter to receive notices about upcoming BCF workshops and events!