Because YOUR GIFT to the Bayou Community Foundation has the POWER to solve some of the Bayou Region’s most critical problems.
Your gift says, “Yes! Our Bayou communities are worth it!”
BCF is a tax-exempt public charity that helps individual and corporate donors achieve their philanthropic goals by pooling donor resources to build a stronger, sustainable community for all of us who live and work in our precious and unique Bayou Region of Louisiana.
YOUR GIFT is put to work by the BCF to attack these challenges head-on and build stronger, more resilient Lafourche, Terrebonne, and Grand Isle communities.
Bayou Community Foundation is the only community foundation specifically and solely serving Lafourche Parish, Terrebonne Parish, and Grand Isle, Louisiana.
YOUR gift to BCF is vital in funding:
• Grants to local nonprofits to meet critical needs in human services, education, workforce development, and coastal preservation.
• Disaster recovery assistance to respond to community needs during current and future natural and man-made disasters in the Bayou Region
• Community needs assessments and projects that aim to promote a sustainable future for our community
• Free workshops and other programs that help our local nonprofits strengthen their work and our community
BCF Offers Donors:
- Strategic Impact – We identify critical community needs and pool donor resources so your gift has the greatest impact.
- Maximum Tax Advantages – Your gift qualifies for the maximum deductions allowed for charitable contributions
- Hassle-Free Philanthropy – Contribute directly to BCF and support many nonprofits in our region with one gift.
- Flexible Donation Options – BCF can accept a variety of gifts, from cash and securities to life insurance policies.
- Funding Choices – Direct your gift to our annual grants program or the community disaster recovery fund, or allow BCF to pool your gift with others to meet other community needs.
- Long-Lasting Legacies – Your gift can be endowed so it will fulfill your wishes and benefit our region in perpetuity.
- Effective Stewardship & Accountability – The BCF Fund is managed by the Greater New Orleans Foundation, which has been working with donors in our area for more than 30 years.
- Community Leadership – Your gift helps BCF conducts free workshops and other initiatives to support local nonprofits and address needs in our community.
We have been very blessed living and working in Lafourche Parish, and it is an honor to be able to give back. With so many great organizations doing important work, however, it can be tough making decisions on where to give. That’s why we give to the Bayou Community Foundation. With a single gift to BCF, we can support a number of organizations though BCF’s grants program, as well as workshops for nonprofits and other initiatives that strengthen our community. BCF is the way to go!
– Henry and Kim Lafont / Larose, LA