Bayou Region Nonprofits: Register today for free workshop on Tuesday, September 27 at Fletcher Technical Community College in Schriever.
“What does your nonprofit do and why do I need to care?”
Can you answer that question at a moment’s notice? Can anyone understand your message?
If not, you should probably take the stairs because to deliver a great elevator pitch, you need to convey your mission and purpose in a flash. The pitch should engage your audience in a way that encourages them to learn more about your organization and excites them to become involved.
The Bayou Community Foundation and Greater New Orleans Foundation are partnering on a new and exciting workshop just for Bayou Region nonprofit organizations!
“Honing Your Organization’s Pitch”
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
9:00 am – 12 Noon (doors open at 8:30 am)
BPITP Building Room 206
L.E. Fletcher Technical Community College in Schriever, LA
SPACE IS LIMITED! REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS!
No more than 2 reps per organization, please.
Designed for staff and volunteers charged with communications, this workshop will teach participants how to improve their pitch and pitching skills. Participants will develop and practice their pitch during the workshop. Additionally, participants will learn:
- How communications practices have changed in the digital age and implications for nonprofit professionals seeking to increase awareness and affinity for their organization
- Basic guidelines for crafting an elevator speech; do’s and don’ts
- Messaging and delivery techniques; training in voice quality, body language and appearance
- How to stay on message across communications channels
- Best practices on how to follow-up after the pitch
To register, click here<https://oeworkshops.kimbia.com/bayoupitch92716>.