The Greater New Orleans Foundation’s Organizational Effectiveness Initiative, Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations, Bayou Community Foundation, and Fletcher Technical Community College are presenting a series of FREE workshops this spring for Bayou Region nonprofits focused on Nonprofit Governance.
- The Board’s legal obligations of duty, loyalty and obedience.
- The specific roles and responsibilities of board members.
- How to tailor board engagement based on organizational needs and individual board members’ interests, skills, and capacity.
- How to create a powerful leadership partnership among the board, executive director, and other staff.
- How to determine the right committees and task forces to support governance and organizational needs.
- How to create engaging board meeting and retreat agendas.
- Strategies and tactics for sustaining engagement and ensuring momentum between formal meetings.
Tuesday, May 24
9:00 am – 12 Noon
Participants will learn:
- How to identify your recruitment priorities, including preparation for board member transitions
- How to use a recruitment matrix tool to organize names of candidates
- How to create your recruitment process
- Using a toolkit of templates, we’ll review the elements of a recruitment packet
- Strategies for identifying potential board candidates and how to lead them through a recruitment process
- Assess their understanding of financial leadership and identify areas of improvement
- Use core nonprofit financial statements to evaluate their organization’s financial health
- Learn how to participate in financially grounded and informed governance decision-making